Saturday, July 31, 2010

Custom Card Success!

I am going to National here in Baltimore on Thursday and Friday.  Those are the two days that work best for me and my personal/business schedule.  There is just one problem.  My son turns 6 on Friday.  I sat down to talk to him to see if he wanted to come with me, if he wanted me to stay home, or if he had a different idea.  The last thing I want to do is miss my sons birthday. 

He says to me, "Daddy, My party is not on that day, so it is ok if you go.  I only want to go to the pool that day."


"Are you sure?" (Mommy can take him to the pool)

"Yes, but I want you to get me something really cool...will you be home that night?

"I will be home in the early evening, and I will get you something really cool!"

-Just a side note, I would be getting home at the same time from work if I did not take the day off.

What is a really cool thing to get at National for an about-to-be 6 year old who asks me to touch every sing game used card I own....I came up with this...and it only cost me $3.00 to have printed on card stock paper...
Of course, I did not cut up his actual T-ball jersey, I bought a new shirt in the same color.


I have to thank my buddy Andrew who helped with the Photoshop action.  The bear is a loge for a minor league team in Washington State (I forget which one).  

I have to say, I think that this will be a pretty cool thing to bring back from National for my kid on his birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment