Saturday, July 17, 2010

A National Phenomenon!!!

With National less than 3 weeks away!!! I couldn't be more excited!  Not only is it my first time going, but is is right in my backyard (only 8 miles from my front door) in Charm City! Since it is not likely that I will be going again for the next few years (2011 it is in Rosemont, IL, and 2012 in Cleveland), I want to make the most of it.

About a year ago, I put a savings plan in place (and actually stuck to it!), so I will have funding.  It is never as much as you want, but it is more than I would take to a mall show!  I am also in the process of getting all of my want lists up to date and accurate.  If I can fill a few of them out, that would be great, but if I get distracted by some cool g/u's or autos or vintage cards, that is ok too.  I am sure I will buy a few boxes of something as well.

I am not really an autograph hound, so I won't really have to deal with the crowd or lines that come with the autograph pavilion.  I love to meet my heroes, but I hate to pay big money to get their signatures.
 
Are you going to National this year?  How are you financing it, did you have a creative way of saving, or are you just a big money millionaire to begin with?  What are you looking for at National or are you just gonna buy what ever catches your eye? let me know what your thoughts and expectations of National are.
 
I hope to see you there! 

3 comments:

  1. I'll be there on Saturday. I wanted to make it a 2 day trip but I can't justify the money to stay overnight in a hotel. I'm planning on getting Earl Weaver and Frank Robinson's autographs then I'll have all of the O's HOFers on 8x10 displayed on my wall! I hope the lines move fast so that I can get back to searching for the many, many O's cards I need to fill my wants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there Wed & Thurs, and maybe Sunday. Won't have much money to spend though. Maybe enough for a box or two, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going on Thurs and Fri. I am not sure it I will go as a fanboy and wear an O's jersey or if I will just dress in normal street clothes. I hope to get another box of A&G and maybe a box of Panini Classics FB (I have had a lot of luck getting cut signatures in the past).

    ReplyDelete