Sunday, August 8, 2010

National Was Awesome - Part 2, The Beginning...

Here I am again in part 2 of my National recap.  This blog will focus on my favorite pick ups from National.  I was able to fill several sets, and pick up some sweet singles also, but these are the cream of the g/u and auto crop.  Enjoy

Every now and then I like to dip and dab into some NBA greats.  I love the Murad Bill Walton Jersey.  The Ainge card has a part of the Boston Garden Parquet floor, and the Hakeem is /50.  Oh yeah, how could I possibly pass up on a dual Miggy for only $2???  the four cards above cost me only $17.

This is some local flavor.  I love on card autos, but stickers do not really bother me.  The Roberts is a sticker and so is the Zimmerman (duh).  The Markakis is an on card auto that I bought from a dealer I see all the time doing the local shows.  Markakis is my favorite (active) player, so there is no way I was passing up on this one.  The Frank Robinson is such a sweet card, instantly one of my favorites in my collection.

Antonio Gates, 3 color patch, I just liked it, so I bought it.  Love me some Cowboy/Raven Cunningham (there is also an Anthony Wright patch on the other side...wonder what ever happened to him).  As an alum of ASU and a Ravens fan (they are my #2)  I was diggin on the Suggs card.  And Deion is one of my all time favorite players.  The greatest cover corner EVER, there is no argument!  The card is a 3 color cut from the sleeve, and the best part is, it is a card of him as a Redskin (wearing a Cowboys uniform and a Cowboys swatch)!

The Largent card just reminded me of what i looked like catching footballs back in my High school days.  I did not have a black g/u of Ochocinco...now I do.

More to come....






3 comments:

  1. Damn... how could I have possibly missed that on-card Markakis? I was there three days in a row! Nice to see I'm not the only one who dropped copious amounts of cash at the show.

    Any chance you might trade that Markakis? I have a Frank Robinson auto with your name on it if you will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me a pic of the Frank card. I will certainly entertain it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to give up Nick, but I love the Robinson auto. Done and done!

    ReplyDelete