Wednesday, February 3, 2010

REALLY?!?!?!?!

No, Really?!?!?!?

Not to steal a bit for SNL, but the following all just made me ask the question, "Really?"

-In viewing the Orioles Schedule for the upcoming 2010 season, I notice something that seemed odd, so I took out my trusty pen and pad and started taking numbers down.  When all of the smoke cleared, I have discovered that the Orioles will open the season by playing 21 of the first 28 games this season against the AL East.  Of those 21 games 6 are vs. the Yankees, 6 vs. the BoSox, 6 vs. the Rays, and 3 vs. the Jays.  The fan boy in me says "Awesome!  The O's will be in first place!"  The pessimist  in me prays that the Birds wont be out of the race by Cinco De Mayo!...but that would give me a reason to drink.


-The other day I got an email form Tuff Stuff trying to sell me some books.  I get these solicitations from them  about once a week or so.  When I read this message and saw the embedded image, I couldn't believe my eyes.  Tuff Stuff is pimping Beckett products!


That is like Coke putting Pepsi in its machines, or Nike putting Reebok in their boxes.  It's just crazy!  Is business so bad that in order to make money you need to sell your biggest competitor's products?


-And finally, in March or April they will blow up (implore really) the former Dallas Cowboy home of 37 years.  Apparently, the demolition of the Texas Stadium will be triggered by an essay contest winner, a child.  That part is ok.  What is crazy, is that the contest winner will be chosen by the official Texas Stadium demolition sponsor, Kraft Foods!  It gets better...the sponsorship is part of Krafts "Cheddar Explosion" campaign promoting their macaroni and cheese. http://kraft.promotions.com/mncexplosion/splash.do
And the funny thing is, none of the articles I have read about this implicate Jerry Jones at all! Cooperate sponsorship for a stadiums demolition, you gotta be kidding me, could you imagine if somehow things went wrong, and Dallas got covered in Mac and Cheese?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. We are set. They always say if you want to get better, play superior opponents. Tillman, Matusz, and Bergesen will toss brilliant ball against the bozos in the East, then the next month will seem like child's play. The hitting can hit anyone so we don't have to worry about that in 2010, ever.

    :)

    ReplyDelete