Friday, March 12, 2010

Big Card Show Tommorrow...Wieters On The SI Cover...Oh Happy Day

I have only a few things to say tonight. 

Having been a Cowboys fan since right about 1978 (when the Ravens came to Baltimore, I picked them up as my #2/AFC team), and living in the Baltimore/DC area since 1977, I have grown a deep, grim, dark, ugly hatred towards one specific football team.  The Washington Redskins!!!!  Think of how much Yosemite Sam hates rabbits, and that is about a third of how much I hate the Redskins.  It might not be that bad if their fans (most of them, but certainly not all) weren't so freakin' ignorant!  That said some of my closest friends are Redskin Fans, and they are not idiots.  Well, the 'ol burgundy and gold did it again, another horrible off season signing, Larry Johnson. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!  Really?!?!  This guy might be the biggest cancer in the NFL.  he may have already tweeted about how Shanahan is not giving him the playing time he deserves.  That boob fits right into that locker room.  Just wait until he eats one of Albert Haynesworth's sandwiches and Fat Albert steps on his head!  It is going to be fun to watch three years of this fool in FedEx Feild

The biggest boob of them all...Benny Rothlesberger....this guy is really starting to look like a Grade A dummy!  Puts himself in a position like this....and not only that, he is probably the only person in the world who wears Will Ferrell's hair worse than Will does!!!...Drink like a champion indeed...

Now, on to the good stuff!

I am finally going to a card show again!!!! With National coming to my backyard, I have been trying to save all of my spare change for it.  But, I cannot take it anymore, I need my card show fix!!! So, tomorrow I am going to a show in Glen Burnie, MD which has been a really good show every time I have been in the past.  I am excited, and I do plan to scan an post my findings.

Lastly, and the biggest news of the week....Sports Illustrated Has a new cover boy, Matt Wieters!  I have not read the article yet, I just bought the mag about 3 hrs ago, but I am sure that it reads something like "All hail Matt!  In Wieters we trust!"  As a matter of fact, it would not surprise me if the cover of every future issue of SI featured Mr. Wieters on the cover, even the swimsuit issue.
I am not 100% on this, But I think the last time an Oriole was on an SI cover, it was a pic of Billy Ripken in the dugout, marking the 0-15 point of the 1988 season which opened up with 21 losses in a row.  This season will be better than that, I promise!

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if Big Ben will be pulled from the upcoming Football sets. I don't think they did it with Ray Lewis but they did it with Michael Vick (I think Kobe resolved before basketball season)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I know is a quarterback in the draft is looking real good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I just don't understand how a person, with so much to lose, can allow themselves to get in these positions. Ben, Ray, Vick, Pacman Jones, Michael Phelps, and the list goes on and on. By now they should that the money does not make them invincible...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing Wieters on SI! I can't wait until our crop of awesome players mature all at once and the Birds rule the roost again!

    ReplyDelete