Saturday, September 11, 2010

Patching Things Up With Derrick Mason

I was going through my personal collection today, and looking at cards of some of my favorite players Eddie Murray, Jim Palmer, Roger Staubach, Nick Markakis, Ed Reed, Bill Bates...etc and so forth....

Then I came across my Derrick Mason cards.  It is well known across the world, form the largest metropolitan areas to the smallest of villages, that Mason is one of my all time favorite football players.  I decided to take a Mason patch count, and I was very pleased to see it has climbed to a dozen cards (10 unique)!  But since I am never happy, I have set a goal to double that number by this time next year.

By the 2011 NFL opening Sunday I WILL have 24 (hopefully unique) Derrick Mason patch cards.  I can achieve this because, although his career numbers are fantastic, he will be out-named in Baltimore by Anquan Boldin (I only have one patch card of him).  Most of the Mason Patch cards are not super expensive, and that makes things a bit easier.

So I ask you, if you have a Derrick Mason patch card or printing plate (or jersey card, or serial #'d card), please trade it to me!

Here are just a few of my Mason Patch collection.

I also have 2 on the way, I will post them when I get them

Mason's 2010 season stats, as predicted by me, 58 reception for 568 yards and 10 touchdowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment